Search My Blog

Loading

Thursday, February 12, 2015

YouTube Dream

I joined YouTube in August 2009 and immediately starting makeup videos.  My first video was a Purse Collection. I know I know! HAHA  I have pretty much made most of my old videos from 2009 to early 2012 private.  They are kind of embarrassing.  However, I sometimes catch myself watching my old videos.  I like to see how I have changed, both physically and emotionally.  I have gained weight and matured.  It is amazing to see how much time really does change a person.  How much we grow in short and long periods of time.  How much our lives change and what was then isn't now.

YouTube is such a big part of my life.  I always wanted to make videos and when I first started college one of my goals was to start making videos but I had no idea about what.  Then I found the beauty community and I fell in love with beauty products.  Not that I ever tried to be a successful beauty guru but I didn't have anyone to share my thoughts about products with.  I then started couponing in May 2012 because I realized that I didn't need to spend money on things that I could potentially get for free.  That is when I started doing couponing videos and saying goodbye to beauty hauls.



I have found such a passion for savings and teaching people how to save a buck.  I love teaching and sharing my thoughts about saving money and couponing to people.  When I am in the store and discover a great deal I share on Instagram or YouTube.  I sometimes even stop people in the store to tell them the deal and offer coupons and they look at my like I am crazy.  So since the public don't care, I revert to the internet where there are thousands of crazy saving couponers like myself.  I have became friends with so many people I wouldn't have ever encountered if it wasn't for the internet.

YouTube has been there for me as I have gone though bad times and people have no idea how their nice encouraging and thankful comments got be through so much.  However,  YouTube was there for me though so many great times in my life.  It was there through graduating college, getting engaged, my wedding, and discovering what life has to offer.

YouTube opened this whole world up to me.  I love watching all different kinds of people.  Film makers, vlogs, cooks, beauty guru, couponers, and more.  I have been so inspired by so many YouTubers.  I seriously want to purchase a Go Pro and do something nuts.  I have been inspired to be a daily vlogger however I don't think that lifestyle would be a fit for me and my husband.  I would love to see my life on tape and have every single moment saved.  I think that is what makes vlogging so special.  I at least would like to try it.  Who knows.  Maybe one day there will be a HKsocko show.

I have over 5500 subscribers and I can't even believe more than ten people would even watch me, let alone like me or care what I had to say or offer.  I just really want to thank everyone on Instagram and YouTube for an amazing two and half years.  Probably the best years I've had so far.  Your support has meant the world to me.  YouTube has changed my life and it is such an amazing place to learn and grow.  I love the fact that I can completely be myself and you all still watch.  I guess I'm not that weird after all.

I love you guys!  Thank you so much for supporting me, watching my videos, and visiting my blog!  It means so much to me.

-Natalie (HKsocko)

No comments:

Post a Comment